Friday, July 10, 2009

Quilt Show !

As quilters descend upon Sisters from all over the United States (even some internationally), we welcome them with open arms. While I'm not a quilter myself, there are many avid quilters that are residents of the Ranch. In fact, our very own Ruth Ingham recently had an art quilt display at the Sisters library. I had the honor of viewing one of her art quilts before it went to the library and was fascinated with the incredible detail involved in the piece.

I understand that the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show organizers are expecting record-breaking attendance at this year's show. Well at least it isn't going to be 90 degrees, and it doesn't appear that any remaining smoke from the smoldering Black Butte II fire is going to drift into town, whew! I also read that if you bring your own bottle of water you can get free refills all over town.

Quilt on Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment